Google has gone too far.
Yes, for years the principal partnersÂ have donated hundreds of millions to left-wing causes. Yes, they have been complicit partners in the Chinese government’s Big Brother information control regime. Yes, they have facilitated vicious “google-bombing” campaigns by liberal extremists against conservatives and Christians.
But now the guys at Google have taken the extraordinary step of “disappearing” from the Internet a journalist who had been critical of theÂ UN.
. . .beginning Feb. 13, Google News users could no longer find new stories from the Inner City Press.
“I think they said, ‘If we can’t get this guy out of the U.N., let’s disappear him from the Internet,'” Lee said.
It began with an innocuous-sounding yet chilling form letter from Google to Lee, e-mailed on Feb. 8:
“We periodically review news sources, particularly following user complaints, to ensure Google News offers a high quality experience for our users,” it said. “When we reviewed your site we’ve found that we can no longer include it in Google News.”
As soon as he read it, Lee immediately suspected one thing: That someone at the UNDP had pressured Google into “de-listing” him from Google News â€” essentially preventing Inner City Press from being classified on Google News as a legitimate news source and from having its stories pop up when someone conducts a Google News search.
Here’s the whole story.Â
And here are some search engine alternatives:
www.dogpile.com(an aggregator of the most popularÂ engines)
If you know of any other good ones, feel free to mention them in a comment.